An International Colloquium on Polish Jewish History as Reflected in Education in Poland and Israel was held on February 25-27 at POLIN Museum in Warsaw. The event was the outcome of a successful collaboration between POLIN, the museum of the history of Polish Jews, and the Jagiallonian University in Krakow as well as the Research Project of Galician and Bukavinian Jewry.
The topic of the colloquium was Polish-Jewish History as Reflected in Education in Poland and Israel. The event attracted close to 50 scholars from 5 different countries. These included both senior and junior scholars from a wide variety of fields including: history, sociology, education, museology etc.
The event included the following sessions:
- Jews in Poland, Poles in Israel, 1264-2016
- Regional and Local History: A Comparative Discussion
- Embedded Poland: Sings, Views and Memory in Ultra-Orthodox Israeli Jewry
- Memory of the Jewish Past in Poland and in Israel
- Museums and Educational Initiatives and the Presentation of Jewish and Polish History
All lectures and discussions were videoed and the files shall be made available shortly on the Project’s web-site (a specific link to the videos shall be added once available).